canoes never lOOKED SO COLOURFUL
JK to Grade 8 students will paint "retired" canoes which will be transformed into pollinator gardens:
- The Canoe garden will be enhanced with rich artwork designed by the students.
- Students will learn about ecosystems, biodiversity, and the importance of pollinator gardens that can reduce soil erosion;
- The gardens will provide a habitat and resources for local birds, wildlife, insects, and other pollinators.
the great canadian shoreline cleanup
Youth will enjoy a day together removing waste and pollutants from our river and creek banks:
- ArtHouse youth will separate recyclables and plastics from waste to create public art.
- Lesson plans will be provided that discuss mitigation, consumption and the effects on climate change.
REDeFINING THE IMPORTANCE OF PUBLIC ART
Using the "voices" of our young people, ArtHouse Leans to the Green is a project that we hope will strengthen our communities; by reinforcing a message to all generations about the threats of climate change and the benefits of waste minimization.
Pangman@bell.net ~ 905-467-8551